Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trey is Too Smart for His Own Good

This morning we received a phone call from a friend of ours asking us if Trey could come over and play with their little boy DJ. We said sure, but we were just waking up and Trey needed to eat breakfast and get dressed. After we hung up the phone we said to Trey that he needed to get dressed and eat breakfast right away, and he asked why? So I told him he was getting to go to DJ's. After about a half second pause we hear a loud WooHoo shouted from the other room and scampering of feet as he hurried off to his room to get dressed. It wasn't but 30 seconds later he returned from his room claiming he did not want to go to DJ's today but that he wanted to go tomorrow. Asked why and he said that it was because today is Thursday and not Friday. I thought he was upset because he has school today and would have to leave after only an hour or so. But after Annika scolded him she told me that at DJ's house he is only allowed to play X-Box on Fridays and Trey was disappointed that he would not be able to play video games. After being a little saddened by Trey's shallowness, I was actually proud and amazed that he was able to put together all of that information of time, day, and activity all in a matter of just a few seconds. Trey amazes me everyday with his ability to comprehend and reason, he also scares me when I think about the future and how much smarter than me he will be at a very young age. I hope that I will be able to stay above the curve. Luckily I have Annika and we can work together to fight the evil forces that i am sure our children will rain down upon us when they are teens.

No comments: